Secondary school for Registered and Licensed Practical Nurse Evangelic Academy Brno
Our school is located in a quiet part of Brno – in Líšeň, with very good connection to the city centre. The school is a Church school, but it’s open for everyone who – accepts this kind of environment and has an understanding of it. Thanks to its small size, our school offers a family atmosphere and an individualistic attitude to a student. Our school offers a four year study programme for Registered Nurse with a nursing degree (graduation exam), a three year study programme for Licensed Practical Nurses with a nursing certificate and a two year follow-up study programme for Social workers with a degrese (graduation exam). All these study programmes are connected.
All our study programmes include practical training, which is obligatory for all students. The practical training session take place in hospitals, which meet the high requirements of the Czech Accreditation Body. As a result our students gain nursing skills in the newest medical procedures, which are necessary for their profession. Finally our graduates represent the health care system employees of the 21st century.
Our graduates are required on the job market and some of them decide to continue with their nursing education at university or college.
Lessons and practical training is in the Czech language and our school offers a good quality of teaching in foreign languages – English is the 1st foreign language and German is the 2nd one.
Benefits of our school
- An individual approach to our students
- A family atmosphere
- Adaptational courses for new students
- Practical training during the study program
- Close cooperation between our school and the health care employer
- A school garden
- PC and Data projector in every teaching room
- Unlimited WiFi connection in every school room
- Attendance application online
- Marking application online
- Supporting e-learning
- Supported use of notebooks and tablets in lessons
- School library
- Free available PC’S with a fast internet connection in every teaching room
- WiFi internet connection in the student dormitory
- Trips, language courses and excursions abroad
- Trips and excursions in Czech republic
- Providing dancing classes
Our students have the opportunity to have optional lunch in a modern school canteen at the elemntary school Holzova, approximately 10 minutes on foot from our school.
A girl dormitory is provided in the building of Evangelic Academy on street Opletalova 6 in the city centre. The dormitory is relatively small and has a family atmospehere. For boys there is a dormitory Petrinum available on street Veveří (near city centre) or dormitory on streetTrnkova, in Lišen (near our school).
Our school offers six classrooms, two nursing classrooms, one ICT classroom and one room, where our students can relax and spend thein free time at school. There are free available PC’s with fast internet connection and WiFi connection in all classrooms, as well as a printer and scanner. The school builidng is surrounded by a garden, which is free availalbe for our students for a relax.